Staying Home & Staying Healthy this Quarantine…
- Workout During Lunch: If you are not an “early bird catches the worm” type of person then this tip is great for you! Take your lunchtime to break a sweat and get the blood flowing. This will help you concentrate and make you more productive in the afternoon.
- If you don’t own equipment or have a gym in your house, that is just fine. Take a minute to determine what type of workout you want to do then pull out your phone and type it into Google, YouTube, Instagram etc. and you will find thousands of free streaming workout videos available to you. Also many apps that you can download on your phone are FREE right now during this lockdown (Peloton, Nike Training, Corepower Yoga, etc)
- Take “Active” Breaks: Make sure you ARE taking breaks (preferably active ones)! Yes, we all need them! Think about it, during a normal workday you are not glued to your screen from 9-5 without some sort of lunch break, snack break, distraction, phone call from a family member etc. Do not punish yourself for taking a few breaks while working from home. For some reason most of us feel guilty for this, which should not be the case- try to parallel your office work day as best you can to your at-home work day!
- Walk & Talk: Unless you have to be at your computer all day (which in that case try to take a work before or after work hours) try taking a walk each day- everyone should be getting some fresh air at least once a day. Whether you have access to some trails behind your house, or you’re just walking around the block…anything and everything works.
- Stretching Breaks: This can be at any point throughout the day. However I recommend doing this when you wake up each morning. Stretching will start blood circulation and prepare you for your day, plus you’ll feel twice as good. Desk Exercises: Leg extensions, abdominal tensions, tricep dips, wrist and arm circles, back twist.